In an effort to help make your move day a pleasant one, we have prepared some FAQs for you to review. These are some of the most common questions that we incur. Please prepare for your move by having all applicable (loose) items boxed and sealed and all furniture disassembled. Our office will call to confirm your move the day prior, so when scheduling with us, please provide a number where you can be reached during your move.
1. Will my move be insured? Rescue Moving Services carries the standard coverage that is required by the Texas Department of transportation. Additional insurance can be purchased at your expense.
2. Do items have to be disassembled? Yes. The movers will dissemble and reassemble an item for you at a nominal fee – please request this when scheduling your move.
3. Can I leave items in dresser drawers? Yes but please remove all breakables. Remove all items out of armoires and dressers with non-secured doors.
4. Is tipping standard? Most customers tip between 10%-15% but tips are not required.
5. What forms of payment are accepted? Rescue Moving Services accepts cash and credit cards. If paying by credit card you must fax a copy of the front and back to our office on the day prior to the move.
6. Can the movers call me prior to arrival? Yes. Each crew has a cell phone or two way radio.
7. Do hanging clothes need to be boxed? Yes. All items that are boxable must be boxed including but not limited to clothes, pictures, lamps and electronics. All boxes must be sealed on the top and bottom.
8. What items will not be taken? Flammables, guns, unboxed items, live plants, pottery, and anything that cannot safely be handled by a two man team.
9. Can you load or unload a rental truck? Yes.
10. Are there hidden costs? No. All costs will be given to you prior to the move date. Please be sure and have the keys to your new residence as there will be a fee assessed if the movers have to wait.
11. Do you offer discounts? During non-peak times we can provide a discount.
12. Are you a licensed mover? Yes we are licensed by the state of Texas. Rescue Moving Services’s Txdot number is 006356663C.